Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hello Utah!

3 days. 21 hours of driving. 1524 miles. And I finally made it. It was a long haul but such a relaxing drive (that much driving, relaxing? Yes it was). It gave me an opportunity to think, to plan and to figure how I am going to cram so many things into one short month!

First stop was in Wichita, KS. Decided to break this long long drive up into three days. Boy now am I glad that I did. 5 hours to Kansas. Next stop Fort Collins, CO. What an awesome town. Talk about bike central! I think I was in love before I even hit main street. With a bike shop on every corner down to the bike specific lanes this town gave off an ambience like I have never felt. Oh wait, I almost forgot to mention the mountain biking! With 10-12 different trails to choose from it was like I had died and gone to heaven. And of course I was NOT going to pass up the opportunity to ride in Colorado. Who cares if the elevation was 5500 feet. Right? Ha way wrong. So I embarked upon my mountain biking quest only to ten minutes later be sucking for air, it like my lungs were bleeding, dizzy, and nauseous. Well I suppose trying to beat out the elevation change was not a smart idea in my book. I still got about 30 minutes of gorgeous riding in. At least the first altitude ride is out of the way. Huh?

7 more hours and I arrived in gorgeous Utah! So crazy, like no other landscape I have come across on my travels. An awesome greeting from no other than Lizz and a fantastic open water with Lizz and Suz rounded out a pretty awesome day. Now on to GPP in the morning and some more plain old fun! Can't wait to get on the trails. Might need to make sure I can breath before doing so!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...