Friday, August 26, 2011

The Mountains Are Calling Me

Gorgeous Utah. Everyday I look up at the mountains that seem to be calling to me. I can't get over the magnificent sight that I get to see every morning. The air is clean and refreshing, not thick and full of moisture (don't get me wrong I do love the 180% humidity of my beloved Arkansas, but this is a nice change).

I'm still trying to get used to the altitude change. But with each day my lungs are feeling better and better. I have looked up the XTERRA courses and I am hoping to ride on Sunday! Can't wait to see what this race has in store for me.

I have been doing GPP (General Physical Preparedness) since I arrived. Day 4 and I can barely move! My legs are so sore that I have problems sitting down, climbing stairs, general overall movement. But it is a good hurt and I know that I am working, to be honest I am starting to notice slight changes in my physique...only after 4 days? I think these people might know what they are talking about! Today was brutally amazing! Working shoulders, triceps, abs, biceps, and legs I can guarantee that getting out of bed in the morning will be anything but enjoyable! It's an amazing feeling....weird you might say, but when have I ever been considered normal? :)

We are headed up to Bear Lake tonight. Lizz is competing in a half ironman tomorrow. Can't wait to see the gang and to be a cheerleader for her along with the rest of the GPP crew.

I signed up for a mountain biking camp...in Canada! I can't wait to get up there. I leave in three weeks for Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. What a great learning experience this is going to be. I have the opportunity to learn from the best of the best at downhill, cross country, and overall mountain biking. I am so excited yet so nervous at the same time. I am expecting to get my butt kicked every moment of the two days that I will be there. But I know that I will come back a more competent and confident mountain biker. I can't wait to see how much this will help me for nationals!

Well I think that is all for now. I shall keep you posted about what else happens on this amazing journey of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...