Sunday, July 24, 2011

What A Ride It's Been

It's been awhile since I posted last and so many things have happened over the past week and a half. Let me tell ya.

Training is going better! I feel stronger yet run-down and some days weaker at the same time. Doesn't really make any sense but whatevs. I'm just happy I'm starting to get back in the groove of things.

I did my first set of hill repeats on the run. Woah baby were my legs burning! So I was supposed to find a hill that was 4-5% grade and about a mile and a half long. Well my first mistake, choosing a hill that was 11.8% grade. Ha I guess that made it that much more fun having a friend laughing with you all the way up and all the way down. Let's just say I had problems walking for a few days after that one!

(Oh Julie and I having too much fun!)

I got hit by a car on my bike. That made for a pretty interesting bike ride to say the least. I'm okay, no big deal. Still shaken up a little bit from that but working on trying not to cringe every time a car drives past me. My road bike has been in the shop for almost a week now. What's taking so long? I'm starting to feel lost without it!

I finally finally got out on the mountain bike today. Unbelievable how I could let a month slip by without going out on the trails. I missed it so much and definitely forgot that mountain biking takes its own kind of "fitness." This morning I went out and rode with a friend at Hobbs State Park. Now for those of you that don't know, Hobbs is a relatively flat, flowy trail that isn't really hard at all or physically challenging, and boy did I suffer this morning. My hands cramped around my handlebars, I was sucking air like no other, and I had problems keeping up. Geez never again will I let a month go by without riding my poor mountain bike. EVER. I loved being out there so much! I forgot how at peace I feel when I am out there. Like everything that is weighing me down has been lifted right off my shoulders!

I have to admit that this last week has been weird...but a good weird I think! I feel like I'm starting to get back to being myself a little more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...