Friday, July 13, 2012

Park City / XTERRA Nationals Invite / SKIN STRONG

If you have never had the opportunity to experience riding in Park City, you should. It is gorgeous!

I have never been there to ride or ski, I have only gone for the vast amount of outlet malls that they have...yes I like to shop, sometimes. The city is beautiful and quaint, but just wait until you get up into the mountains.

The trails were unlike any that I have ever ridden, always changing but always interesting. There would be once section of a dirt climb and then a section of twisting technical root section through aspen forests. It constantly left me guessing, but never left me bored.

The base of the city sits at 7,200 ft which means that there is no way but up! The highest elevation that we climbed to was around 8,600 ft. Being up that high was painful, my teeth were aching, lungs were burning, and head was spinning. I felt like I was riding no where. But it was so fun regardless!

Barry had flown all the way out from AR for business so it was his idea that we put this ride together. I went with him and a few of his co-workers. Our guide was great. He even snapped a chain in the first half-mile. I crashed a few times and hit a tree or two (head was not harmed in debacles, ha). Barry endo-ed off the side of the mountain. Funniest thing to watch, I can only say that because he was okay and laughing about it. Glad I got it on camera. We all had a great ride/day and celebrated with a post-ride beer, well the boys did. I celebrated with my water bottle.

I received my invitation to the XTERRA National Championships yesterday. I definitely did not expect or see that coming. I was planning on ending my race season early this year and focusing on the weaknesses for next year. I hope everything works out so that I can go. That would be so great! Looks like I better get back to a rigid training plan. I've been a little lax in sessions and in eating...eek now that's a topic that needs some work, especially since I've been on vacation. Starting over today. T- 65 days until race day. Plenty of time to get ready to avenge that scar!

OH! I can't believe I forgot to mention in my previous post (sometimes I forget to put my FB posts into my blog posts). I wanna give a shout-out to SKIN STRONG. It is the coolest company headed up by some even cooler people. They sent me a care package while in Utah (because I ran out of shammy cream on my way here), not only did they send me slather, but they included their new sunscreen line and a new t-shirt. How awesome is that! Their product saves me everyday and every time I get on that beloved bike of mine. I don't know what I'd do out here if they hadn't have sent me that package. Thanks SKIN STRONG for lookin' out! Check out their website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...