Thursday, July 19, 2012

Moab Adventures

So I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Moab, in one day to visit this mountain biking mecca and what I found was breath-taking. Canyons, boulders, and rock formations unlike anything that I have ever seen, let alone ridden a bike on.

No wonder people call it a mountain biking mecca, there are trails for everyone, of every skill level, and of almost any terrain that you could think of. I decided to try the infamous Slickrock trail. What a trip. Some of the weirdest riding EVER. Riding along the side of a boulder while trying to keep a bike upright is rather creepy. The tires stick to the rocks without a problem, but it is kind of eerie that way that they do.

I do have to admit, I was not a fan of Slickrock. It was a weird technical, probably one that I wasn't used to and shouldn't have ridden alone, but it is one that I can say that I have ridden. What a beauty it was.
Slickrock Trail
After riding around on Slickrock for awhile and exploring some other trails I got to explore the city of Moab. Neat little town with a vibe all its own. I heard about this little bike shop so I had to go check it out, Poison Spider Bike Shop (visit them HERE). It was one of the coolest shops I have ever been in, great inventory, and an even nicer owner. After lunch and a town exploration it was back to the trails for more riding.

For my second ride of the day I hit up the M.O.A.B. Trails. They are fun, little less technical than Slickrock and allow for a solo rider to have a little more fun. Less climbing and a lot of fun flowing
sections with great views to boot.

Bar-M Loop
After a few hours of riding it was back in the car and back to Amy's for the night. 8 hours of driving was worth it. I finally got to visit Moab! But boy I am beat today. This weekend it is off to Park City again to ride with the boys and then floating with the tri peeps then home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...