Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Longing to Do More

15 days. That is all that stand between me and and the biggest race of my short racing career. At this very moment I do not feel anxious or nervous or scared or excited. I feel tired and sick and thoroughly exhausted.

I begged for a workout plan this week. I begged and pleaded to have structure. Then it was given to me and look what happens, I can't pick myself up off the floor, quite literally. It is like it comes out of nowhere. This draining feeling this inhabits my body and takes control. I have no power. No energy.

I feel like it has been an eternity since I have been on my mountain bike. An. ETERNITY. It's been 3 days. Ha. That's how awesome the riding and the trails are up here. If I could describe them I would, but my words wouldn't do them justice.

I want so badly to have the energy to train and to train well. I feel like I have a few good days here and there and then I have a string of bad days. How can I expect to really compete at a high level when I am so zapped of energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...