Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Insomniac

Insomnia: chronic inability to fall asleep or to  remain asleep for an adequate length of time.

So I have come to the conclusion that insomnia is something that I could quite possibly have. My sleeping problems have been going on for months, and they seem to get worse during heavy loads of training. I find it odd that after a strength set, a swim, and a mountain bike ride my body is still awake. Not only awake, but restless, not necessarily full of energy. Quite the opposite in fact, my eyes burn, I can't keep from yawning and I am physically run down. But yet I lay here completely wide awake in the middle of the night unable to obtain this "shut-eye" that I so desperately need. 

What a great couple of days it has been. Caught up with some old friends, rode my mountain bike some more, got stir-crazy because GPP wasn't open. You know, all the norm. 

Had a good swim this morning. So to say I have neglected my swimming and running since I have been here is an understatement...a big one. I swam today for the first time in oh, two weeks. Whoa were the lungs burning! Felt a little weird in the water to be honest. But it was such a great feeling to get it done and accomplished. Did some GPP which kicked. my. butt! Love it! Then onto a mountain bike later in the afternoon.

So I had an amazing couple of rides this past weekend, so I guess it was just in due course for me to have a bad ride. I guess. Maybe. I rode out in SLC with a couple of friends. I was way off my game. So far off I....oh we can just leave it at that. Lungs were hurting, legs were burning, and I couldn't get into a rhythm. Had my first crash (sorta) since I have been here. (No big deal...tires just slid out, minimal amount of blood, if any). Finished it alright I suppose. Thank goodness it was downhill and then on the road. Ha. But all in all it was a good time catching up with friends.

Oh did I forget to mention I dyed my hair today. Well the bottom-side anyway. Black...and it looks freakin' sweet.

I'm training with the University of Utah tri team in the morning. Maybe I should say a prayer now that I don't get my butt kicked too bad, right?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, Insomnia! I keep waking up around 2AM and find it hard to fall back asleep (ummm, reason I found myself on FB and checking out your new post in the middle of the night. ha). I hate not being able to sleep--so I feel your pain.

    “No big deal...minimal amount of blood” - ha. You are such a BA and don’t even realize it.

    I hope you’re able to get some much needed sleep tonight! Have a blast with the Utah tri team! I know you’ll tear it up!

    ReplyDelete

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...