Saturday, April 28, 2012

Think Until You Are

So since I have decided to take to be what seems an indefinite hiatus from the everloving Facebook, I have decided to blog more, just to make sure that all of you are updated on my life, just because I know that's what you were hoping for!

My first race of the season is ONE WEEK AWAY. Oh boy is it coming fast. I am beyond excited and scared out of my mind to think that race season is already upon us again.

Race season is awesome, for lack of a better word. If you have never experienced one I highly suggest that you do, whether you are a competitor, a spectator, or a bitter friend who got dragged along by guilt. It is something so magical, surreal, painful, and fun, it is sure to leave you with stories and memories for a lifetime. Okay, so back to the main point of this study break (blog update). I was talking to a friend yesterday, a friend who like myself is a triathlete, a very good one at that. We talked about racing and training, traveling and schedules, and qualifications. Yes, you heard me right qualifications. We talked about her goal and what is a soon-to-be reality of a pro-card.

Pro. Card. Those two words are heavy and light at the same time. How amazing it would be to become a pro-triathlete. To get paid to train and race doing a sport (well, technically it's three, but who is counting) that you absolutely love. I dream that one day I can venture down that path of having a pro-card that close within my grasp.

To be a top-level athlete it takes commitment, dedication, hard-work, and sacrifice. These qualities are not only for the days in which you feel good, but for the days that you are tired and don't feel well. Those days more than anything I think are what make an athlete strong.

Today for me is one of those days. I had a better night of sleep than normal, but for some reason woke up feeling tired and sore from a kick-butt brick yesterday (yes, it hurt that good). I have studying to do, quizzes to take, plans to prepare for the upcoming week, and workouts of my own to do. My head is pounding, my body is tired, and I would just like to take a nap in the middle of this library (please do not mistake this for complaining, because that is NOT what I am doing. Simply sharing my feelings). I am thinking about my 3500m swim that I need to get done, okay more like dreading it. But you know what, I am going to finish my plans and study guides, and then prance over to that pool like I own the place because that is what an elite would do.

If you only ever worked out on the days that you felt good, you would never get anything done.

So...happy training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...