Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Judged World

It has been 3 months since I posted on here last, eek where as the time gone? Sorry about that, but to answer that question time as gone to my studies, my labs, and did I mention my classes? School has been crazy and overwhelming and stressful, but I am beginning to once again enjoy it.

I was reminded of something this week about us as a society, a race, a community of people. Something that not only bothered me but provoked a response. That subject in which I am referring to is "judgement." I heard about it from a client at the gym, a fellow student on campus, and from someone within my own family.

Judgement is everywhere around us, in every movie or book that we read, and sometimes is something as simple as a look. In my own opinion I think no person has the right to judge another. Quoting a childhood scold, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." With this age of facebook, twitter, and social media gone wild everybody has an opinion from behind a computer screen. (Now I realize that I at this very moment am sitting behind a computer screen while typing this. But if you see me feel free to ask. I have no problem expressing my opinion in person).

I get sick of people talking negatively about others, whether it be groups of people, races, christians/non-christians, dancers, musicians, whatever the group of people it may be. If they are different from you then they are automatically deemed as "weird." We were not put on this earth to judge, we were put here to love and respect one another as fellow humans. I don't know where in translation that this simple message got lost, but I think we need to find it again.

I wish people would be more accepting of others, listen to their story instead of putting them down. Everyone has had a long road that has helped shaped them into the person in which they have become.

The simple way that I am trying to better myself at everyday is to acknowledge people and listen to them. Treat them with the most kindness that I know how. This pertains to every person that I meet, differences in my opinion do not matter. We have become a world that is filled with hate. Where did all the love go?

In my final thought I will say this, it does not matter race, sexual orientation, economic status, handicapped or not, every person on this planet deserves the same respect as the next person.

Sorry this was not training/racing related, but I just needed to step up on my soapbox for a moment.

1 comment:

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...