Friday, June 10, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

It's finally here. The day that I have been dreading, yet so excited about for the last two months. A day that will be the true test to what I have been training for. I am nervous yet excited, anxious but ready. If you would have asked me last week even three days ago I was hesitant, nervous, and soft-spoken about how well I would do, heck if I would even survive. Something has come over me the last few days. A sense of reassurance about the fact that I am not only going to survive, but I am going to dominate in the process.

I have been shaken by my last few rides. With wrecks on a bike that didn't feel "right." That bike has been fixed and ridden (around that parking lot, but that should count) and it feels amazing. As I was riding around on it last night I couldn't help but feel inspired and motivated. I have to thank my best friend for that. It's weird what having a tuned-up bike can do.

I truly believe now that I am ready, ready to go out and dominate, ready to go out and do what I set out to do in the first place, and most importantly ready to punish my competition.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bike seems to be analogous to life, J1. The ride won't always be comfortable or "right", but we've got to keep on trucking, and with a few tune-ups throughout the years, the ride gets much better as we go on :).

    I'm so proud of you in all that you do, especially starting your triathlete journey. You've confided it me many times about your nerves over such a thing, but as I've told you many times, if you want to do it, then do it! Don't ever skip out on something because you're unsure, because then you'll just be left with the "what ifs".

    Love you girl and keep on goin' :)

    ReplyDelete

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...