Monday, May 23, 2011

Competitive Love

It is amazing how the arrangement of words can ignite a motivational fire within someone, a desire to achieve more than they ever thought possible just by the words that were spoken. Something was written to me in an email this weekend that hit me, quite literally like a ton of bricks.

"You can either continue to live and accept that your greatest accomplishment is overcoming what the doctors said you couldn't or you can be truly great and never stop accomplishing."

I have read, reread, and reread that statement over and over again. He is right. For me just overcoming was always good enough but not anymore. I want more. I want my pro-card. I want to be a machine in the water, on the mountain bike, on the run. I have proven to myself time and time again that I am more than capable of accomplishing anything that I set out to achieve. You better believe it because my will to win and compete cannot be matched. I got told this weekend that I was "vicious" almost with a take no prisoners attitude. That is that attitude that I always had going into soccer games and I think it is quite fitting for triathlon as well.

It is going to be a lot of hard work. A lot of sweat, pain, blood, and I'm sure profanities along the way but that fire has been ignited and I am more than excited to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allow me to introduce myself...again.

For those of you who are new here, allow me to introduce myself...for those of you who have followed with me you can skip on down. My name ...